1. I wish to participate in The Toronto 10K Or half marathon with the Team Yachad program to help raise awareness and funds in support of Yachad, The Canadian Jewish Council for Disabilities, and its valuable mission of making sure all individuals with disabilities are included in Jewish life through their cutting edge programming. I understand that while training for and participating in this event, I will be using public streets and facilities where many hazards exist and I am aware of and understand the risks that may result. I am also aware that accidents may occur during this event or during the training for this event, which could result in serious injury or death. I am voluntarily participating in this event and in the training for this event with knowledge of the dangers involved and I agree to accept all risks of injury or death arising out of or relating to training for or participating in this event.
2. I have assumed responsibility to raise the minimum fundraising requirement for the event I have selected through Team Yachad. I agree to collect funds from sponsors and individual donors for my participation in this event that will be donated to Yachad. Any checks received will be made payable to Yachad, with reference to my name and the Team Yachad event.
3. By signing this Waiver I am recommitting to training and raising the minimum funds for participation in Team Yachad. I hereby acknowledge and agree that my fundraising commitment will be met. The fundraising goal must be completed by April 15, 2019. I am aware that if for any reason I am not able to participate in the event, I will still be committed to raising the fundraising minimum established for the event on or before such date. I understand that all donations processed by Yachad/CJCD are non-refundable and non-transferable even if I do not participate in the event for any reason.
4. In consideration for being permitted to participate in this event to support Yachad, I hereby absolutely, unconditionally and irrevocably release, forever discharge, hold harmless and covenant not to sue Yachad, The Orthodox Union, Team Yachad team members or captain(s), and any designated beneficiaries, sponsors, officials, participating clubs, communities, organizations, friends of the event, including, without limitation, the event medical sponsor, the medical director, and members of the medical team, and all other government or public entities including, but not limited to, the Department of Transportation and affiliated organizations and all their respective past, present or future directors, officers, agents, employees, affiliates, representatives and members (collectively, "the releasees"), from and with respect to any and all claims, dues and demands, proceedings, causes of action, orders, obligations, losses or liabilities of any kind whatsoever, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, both at law and in equity, which I now have, have ever had or may hereafter have against the respective releasees arising out of or relating to my participation in and/or training for the event, including, without limitation, bodily injury, death or property damage, whether caused by the negligence or carelessness on the part of any of the releasees, by any dangerous or defective property or equipment owned, maintained or controlled by any of the releasees, or otherwise (collectively, the "Released Claims").
5. By signing this Waiver, I intend in advance to waive any rights I may have or that may hereafter accrue to me with respect to any Released Claims. I understand and agree that this Waiver is binding on my heirs, successors and assigns and legal representatives.
6. I am physically capable of training for and completing this event. If I am aware of or under treatment for any physical infirmity, ailment or illness, my medical care provider knows of and has approved my training for and participation in this event. I will maintain personal health insurance while training for and participating in the event. I acknowledge that I, and I alone, am entirely responsible for my personal health and safety, and the personal property I bring with me to the event.
7. I understand that my name, photograph, voice or likeness may be used by Yachad, Team Yachad, and their sponsors, beneficiaries, licensees, affiliates and employees. I hereby consent to and authorize, in advance, such use and waive any rights of privacy I may have in connection therewith, and I understand that I will not receive any financial remuneration in connection with any use thereof.
8. I have carefully read this Waiver and fully understand its contents. I am aware that by accepting this Waiver, I am waiving legal rights and knowing this, I accept it of my own free will.